Monday, July 6, 2009

Final Day in Sweden

Dear Blog
It's unbelievable that today is the last day here in Sweden. I've taken it one day at a time here, and even then, the time passes sooo fast. I'm looking forward to seeing my routine life back in the States, but I love Sweden very much. It's such a beautiful place, peaceful and quiet.
Well, we had some good ol' fajita wraps for lunch, it was delicious. I ate it with meat, chicken, and shrimp... so a big mix of protein there! But then we went to the grocery store afterwards, where we brought two bags filled with empty cans and bottles. I thought there was a recycle bin or something, but to my surprise, there was an automated machine! You put cans in one machine, and bottles in another. Once you are finished, you hit a button, and a receipt prints out with money that you can use at the grocery store. Wow, we need something like that in the States where recycling bins are not available in every home.
Afterwards, we waited for Jerry to come home from work. I had some extra cash that I will not be using, so I decided to treat the family to dinner. We first wanted to eat at a place with shrimp. We knew of a restaurant in Gebbestab that would let us eat many shrimps, but there was one problem. Andres does not eat anything from the sea. So I bought him a small pizza. But when we tried to bring the pizza in, the workers at the restaurant said no outside food allowed. We went to 2 or 3 other places and no outside food allowed! Eesh, so we made Andres scarf down the whole pizza, and by the time he did, luck would have it, every restaurant closed. Every single one of them. The clock hit 10 PM, and no restaurant would stay open. Except for one, at the end of town we found this nice little pub/restaurant. They served food very elegantly, and it was a very nice time! I think it was probably much better than any of the time we would of had in any other restaurant in the area. We had steak cooked on wood, my mom had salmon that she's been craving, and Andres... well he already had a whole pizza (but he ate some french fries). It was great. We even had desert. I had dime cake (or pie). It had this caramelly chocolate coating and nuts, and it was simply delicious. Not too sweet, but definitely had sugar!
I had a great time in Sweden, and I hope that the Arayas, Friis, Viteri, and kids will come visit us in New Orleans, LA or Austin, TX (in the United States of America). I would be honored to have them here. Well good night Sweden for the last time this trip... I hope I can come again someday.
- Eternally Thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment