Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 10 - Surviving the trip back

Dear Blog
I woke up in a hot hotel room this morning. We were in need of taking a shower, packing up, and getting out of there! We left our bag in the hotel "at our own risk". Well, as you can see, I still have my laptop, which let's me blog!
I am starting to have a collection of many different kinds of money. Well with this collection of money, we went off, and had an excellent brunch. We had a plate with croissant, pancake, eggs, bacon, sausage, pineapple slide, melon slice, brie cheese, and a yogurt, and also a mozzerela sandwhich with tomamtoe and herbs. Yum!
Then we walked the city of Copenhagen, Denmark. Found interesting places, people, and things. I found my name on metal plates all over construction sites, so it only made sense for me to take a picture with it. One of the stores we found served mint lemonade... but it was basically mint leaves with lemon juice... too strong for me. So I loaded it with brown sugar that was on the table, after about a cup of sugar, it tasted just right to me!
We were really tired after yesterday (OK, I was really tired after yesterday), so I suggested we go back to the hotel lobby and relax. So we did until the bus came, and we finally were headed home.
Once we made it to our first stop, I thought we had about an hour to spare. So we ate a Subway. It was good, I had the 15cm (6-inch) meatball sandwhich. Not really too different on how the food was served (but all in a different language of course). But as we finished up, we looked at the bus ticket, and the bus left at 8:10PM, and it was already 8:25PM! We were screwed. That was the last bus out of Gothenburg, Sweden. We were running around, panicked to say the least! We finally ran into a ticket stand, where we asked how can we get to Tatumshede, Sweden from here. The ticket lady said, we could probably take our tickets to the train station, and catch the last bus from the final train stop. So, with no other options, we jumped on the train.
I explained our situation to the ticket checker on the train, and he looked at our tickets, looked at me, kinda smiled, but then back to neutral, looked at the ticket and me once more, and pulled out his hole puncher. He said, alright, make sure you catch the bus once you get to the final stop. And we did! We caught all the right buses, and made it home to Tanumshede tonight without too much despair.
I love coming to Menena and Jerry house, but I was especially happy to see it tonight. I had an adventure today, and it was a mild one from an outside perspective at best. But to me, it blew me away. I'm usually in such control of my life, and when things don't go according to plan, I usually can fix or avoid the problem right away. Today, things didn't go as planned, and I wasn't sure how it was possible to fix the problem. Maybe I need to learn to let go of controlling my life so much, and learn to go with the flow and ask for help when I need it. I don't ever ask for help! I'm too proud/independent that way. Maybe I needed so much help growing up, that when I finally did grow up, I never wanted help from anyone anymore. I don't know if that makes sense, but it does to me. But sometimes it's good to control all the aspects in your life, but sometimes you need to release yourself from that control too, otherwise when things get out of your control, your life may go into a deadly tailspin. I may be babbling, but I try to see things from every possible perspective, it helps me see things more clearly. Maybe some sleep right now will help me blog more clearly. Haha. Alright, God Natt!
- E.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment