Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 days... already?

Dear Blog
Today was a fantastic Sunday here in Sweden. Well not just Sweden, but in Norway as well.
So today, we all drove to Norway to Fort Fredriksten Festning. It was a fort built after Norway has separated from Sweden. In fact, it was this fort where the king of Sweden was killed (a quibble between brothers, but it was never proven that one brother decided to kill the other). The ironic part was that it was a Swedish button that was found in the king (Norway was poor and shooting random items with gun powder). It was a beautiful fort, I thought, since the grass was green, and the cannons are kept up (painted and all). It was the five of us there, Andre, Jerry, Mommy, Ximena, and me!
Andre was laying back, and he said, "I can't believe I'm relaxing on a cannon, much less relaxing on a cannon in Norway!" My mom replies, "Isn't life wonderful?". I think it is! It's so hard to appreciate life living day-to-day. It's kind of the reason I want to create my own entity, or my own video game. Sure, you can say I program everyday, or you can say I'm placing pieces in place to complete my dream. Look at me even here, I'm sitting on the edge of a fort. It's just magical and mystic to me. I just never imagined this would be something that I did. Life is precious.
After the fort, we stopped in a small city in Norway at the border to Sweden. It was dead! I think it is illegal for stores to be open on Sunday. We drove around and found a park with an ice cream parlor open. We sat in the plaza, sort of commented on how quiet and boring the town was, and left. I think our overall opinion of Norway (the two cities we've been to) is that it is super expensive, and not as exciting as Sweden.
We took a nice drive back, and then it was dinner time. We BBQed! That's right! We had a huge thing of pork, slabs of red meat, and ribs. All came out really good. The fire was started by taking a whole cardboard box, teared it up, placed it in the grill, place charcoal on top, and set it on fire. The only bad thing about this is lots of air has to be provided. At first, you see me blowing air with a cardboard coke box. Well, I was smart! I found out that a remote control helicopter can provide a continuous stream of air, and it took no time to set those coal ablaze.
As every night, we play on the computer (yes, including my mom), all shared by wireless through a 3G phone. I find it funny, but fantastic. Now, it's 12:20AM at night, and I will sleep. Have a great afternoon USA!
- ETdoFresh

No comments:

Post a Comment