Friday, June 26, 2009

3rd Day to Olso, Norway

Dear Blog,
It's my 3rd day outside the country, and today we went to Olso, Norway. This is the capital. It was about 2 hours away and that means I got 2 hours extra sleep this morning (and so did Andre).
When we got there, we walked down the major street (forget what it's called now). We saw some shops, people, and at the end, there was a royal palace.
We walked all the way down, and saw that the palace was being protected by these royal guards. We took pictures, and we walked completely around the palace. Then we all got tired, and found a city-tour bus to take us around the city. We saw huge cruise ships, religious buildings containing a dragon and a cross when Norway went from mythology to christian, opera houses, etc.
Then we got off the bus, and went into an old trainstation that was converted to a bar/restaurant. It was a nice place, with great food, but Norway is sooo expensive. Well I guess most of Europe is expensive to me, but Sweden is cheaper by far.
Then the trip back, Andre and I got another 2 hours of sleep, and then we played soccer. I like soccer, but I guess none of my friends really ever played. Well, I hope to play some more when I get back to the States.
We had a nice dinner when Ximena and Jerry came back from the store. Ximena made her own cola, and it was good! I also had a Gorbe, which is a swedish dish that has meat, onions, and a savory sweet sauce encase in a potatoe dough. Delicious. Then we talked about many things, like Norway vs Sweden, countries and their cultures with the older generation (live in a home, or live at home), etc. Well it was a great night, and I was glad to talk to Colleen before she left on her trip, and I get to go to bed now. See ya later!
- ETdoFresh

2 comments:

  1. Wow E.T. you have been so so busy and your pictures are so nice. Your writing is so fun. We miss you Ethan and Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys too! Hope you've been doing that EA Sports Active I left behind! I think it's a good workout! You should also get more 3D puzzles for Ethan. I think he likes them!

    ReplyDelete