Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Life

Dear Blog,

Did you know that life can be bought for only a few bucks? What!? Alright, well, if you are looking for a cool activity to do with a loved one (spouse, child, girlfriend, whatever), why don't you create some new life?

Colleen and I were at the grocery store, and I decided I needed some mint. I could buy 10 - 15 leaves for 2.99 or I could buy a plant for 2.99. I went with the latter (and got two!). Well this was great! Colleen also bought a upside-down strawberry garden that starts from seeds.

Anyway, then it started getting serious. We cleaned out this huge weed pile we had by the A/C unit, and placed pine needles there and planted flowers. So cheap (like $0.89 for each plant). I also trimmed the fig tree, because it was getting a little to estate hungry (took up way too much room).

Then we bought seeds. We bought a little DIY mini green house, and seeds for all around $10 - $15. I think just growing mint and herbs pays for itself, but with patience, I'm going to try and grow many different things from seeds. I printed cool little graphics and taped it to the edge of the green house (plastic box) so I can tell what's what!

Hopefully we can make beautiful flowers, herbs, and vegetables grow in our backyard. But it's a cheap hobby (if you choose it to be) and you make life in your very own backyard (or your patio pot). I guess I gotta be prepared to take care of them once they start sprouting, until they are strong enough to survive on their own.

- ETdoFresh

4 comments:

  1. Dear ETdoFresh,

    I can already do this on Facebook for free! Its called Farmville! HAHA J/k, nice garden dude! You're going to have to make me a mojito once those mint plants start to produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, yeah of course! What else is mint for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First starts, with mint, them vegetables, then mushrooms.... then you find yourself buying property in Mexico, then in the end you are on a single prop cessna with lots of "packages", telling Ramon to bail out while the border police share shooting you down!! it is the path

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know that! Ramon and I haven't even grown a tomato yet!

    ReplyDelete